The Alternative to Meds Center is an integrative mental health center, specializing in inpatient treatments for mental health issues and addiction.
Advantages of Inpatient Mental Health Treatment
Sometimes, we may assess that a hospital setting may, in fact, be needed for acute situations where a person needs to be stabilized as a priority in treatment. However, it has been found that treatment in caring residential settings can break the repeating cycle of hospitalizations when crises can continue to arise. At the Alternative to Meds Center, the goal is to get to the root(s) of the problem(s). In these ways, we help our clients gain a firm footing, using practical and holistic tools, functional medicine, and benefiting from authentic, compassionate support as they journey back to natural mental health. (1)
Treatment Options in an Integrative Mental Health Center
It is the goal of an integrative mental health center to provide both safe and effective treatments (2) for common mental health issues especially where earlier treatments proved less than satisfactory. At our center, personalized treatment plans consist of a wide variety and blend of protocols. (3) Examples are:
- holistic detox, utilizing sauna and other mild therapies to naturally rid the body of chemical dependency
- lab testing
- medically assisted medication tapering
- environmental medicine, to cleanse toxic residues from environmental exposure
- improved and balanced neurochemistry function through cleansing and orthomolecular support
- art therapy
- ionic foot baths
- equine-assisted therapy
- personal counseling in various genres
- colonics and Basti enemas
- classes on neurochemistry health and maintenance
- stress reduction techniques
- nebulized glutathione treatments
- trainer-led exercise
- outdoor activities, hiking, Qi Gong
- peer-support groups to build lasting relationships
Clients are provided with these and many other types of therapeutic opportunities to foster healing and personal growth. Each client’s program is developed according to the exact needs of the client, within their level of tolerance, strength, etc.
Types of Problems We Help Clients to Overcome
Each person is an individual and requires a personalized treatment regimen. Our staff complement of over 60 licensed medical professionals has helped clients with such conditions as eating disorders, Tourette’s Syndrome, anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD, narcolepsy, and a wide range of others.
For More Information on Alternative to Meds Center
Please contact us for detailed information about the kinds of help we offer, and to find out more about the facility, staff, insurance options, etc. We offer a broad range of services and have documented our success rate through an independently reviewed long-term study which we would like to share with you. We are happy to assist you or your loved one to find out more about Alternative to Meds, a residential, integrative mental health center in Sedona Arizona.
(1) Martin, L “Q&A: Integrative Mental Health Care.” Psychiatric Times [INTERNET] January 12, 2016 [cited April 23, 2020]
(2) Chekroud S.R., Gueorguieva R., et al, “Association between physical exercise and mental health in 1.2 million individuals in the USA between 2011 and 2015: a cross-sectional study.” The Lancet [INTERNET] Aug 8, 2018, [cited April 23, 2020]
(3) Davey, G., “Overprescribing Drugs to Treat Mental Health Problems.” Psychology Today [INTERNET] January 30, 2014 [cited April 23, 2020]
Dr. Samuel Lee
Dr. Samuel Lee is a board-certified psychiatrist, specializing in a spiritually-based mental health discipline and integrative approaches. He graduated with an MD at Loma Linda University School of Medicine and did a residency in psychiatry at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. He has also been an inpatient adult psychiatrist at Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital and the primary attending geriatric psychiatrist at the Auerbach Inpatient Psychiatric Jewish Home Hospital. In addition, he served as the general adult outpatient psychiatrist at Kaiser Permanente. He is board-certified in psychiatry and neurology and has a B.A. Magna Cum Laude in Religion from Pacific Union College. His specialty is in natural healing techniques that promote the body’s innate ability to heal itself.