Last Updated on February 18, 2021 by
There are individual differences of many kinds that will ultimately determine or predict how long it will take to taper from Sertraline. It poses a tough question to answer definitively, since using identical scheduling formats may not work equally well for every individual. One can find various suggested timelines for tapering from this and other antidepressant medications. However, due to these differences, results may vary or even disappoint.
Flexibility Is Key
A Sertraline withdrawal schedule or any SSRI drug taper may require more flexibility than a cookie-cutter approach can provide.
Some may feel their depression was helped by taking Sertraline but experienced adverse side effects. So after successfully treating their depression, decide it’s time to come off the drug and relieve those unwanted side effects. All SSRI medications carry with them the liability of side effects so that at some point, most will likely decide to discontinue their prescription. Approximately half of all those who start on this type of drug decide to stop taking it within the first three months of beginning, due to the side effects the drug causes. Another quarter will decide to quit in the following three months because they did not find the drug helpful, or helpful enough to justify the adverse effects. Some people would perhaps like to stop taking it but feel they must continue their prescription as they have found no other solution to their depressive symptoms.
Whatever a person’s specific relationship with Sertraline, there are safe and gentle ways to taper from the drug, without introducing harsh withdrawal effects during the process. But equally or perhaps even more importantly, finding root-causes for depression and other undesirable conditions and symptoms can be investigated. Addressing the causes of mental health and emotional concerns rather than masking them with drugs opens up whole new options for treatment. That is our specialty at Alternative to Meds Center in Sedona, Arizona. We are a holistic mental health and medication tapering facility.
About Alternative to Meds Center
Alternative to Meds Center makes its home in lovely Sedona, Arizona. The center resides adjacent to the astonishing Red Rocks which provide serene beauty that you can sense in all directions. Clients can opt for private or semi-private accommodations, each with a private en-suite. The luxury retreat-style facility provides a warm and welcoming social setting, where clients share the common goals of holistic wellness and healing.
For well over a decade, our dedicated staff of over forty doctors, clinicians, and caregivers have taken great satisfaction in being able to provide drug-free treatments, taper programs, addiction treatment, and restorative mental health protocols to our clients. Many clients suffer from depression and anxiety, and we have found that toxic load is one of the leading culprits in the vast majority of our clients. So we want to address these and other causes of symptoms using non-invasive, safe and gentle, drug-free protocols.
We have assisted thousands of clients to reach such health goals, by enrolling in our comprehensive, individually tailored programs.
Some of our many protocols used include:
- Investigative lab testing, to discover factors that can be improved or addressed, such as accumulated toxins, heavy metals, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, critical genetic markers, neurotransmitter levels, allergies, blood sugar levels, and more.
- Cleaning out accumulations of the neurotoxic load gives many benefits, including increased ability to absorb nutrients after removal of heavy metals.
- Chelators to bind to heavy metals and other toxins for their elimination.
- Combining the use of supplements which convert fat-soluble toxins to inert water-soluble form, and low-temperature sauna to encourage removal through sweating, bypassing the need to tax the liver/kidneys.
- Colon hydrotherapy
- Vitamin and minerals and other supplements (orthomolecular medicine) to flood the body with nutrients that were found lacking in the lab testing.
- An extensive variety of treatments provide comfort and relaxation, such as therapeutic massage, acupuncture, cranial sacral massage, ionic foot baths, bentonite clay packs, Reiki, yoga classes, outdoor recreation and exercise, and much more.
Typically, after ten days doing the deep cleanse processes, clients report:
- Sleeping better
- Better and more even moods
- Better appetite
- Increased energy
It is at this point that we would begin a taper from SSRI medication, making the process much more comfortable for the client. Personal counseling and Life Coaching, Trauma Release, and many other emotional healing therapies provide concurrent wellness options.
Find Out More About Our SSRI Tapering Protocols
Call us for more information on our unique and cutting-edge program options. We know of no other program that delivers such a comprehensive program for healing from addiction and tapering from medications. You or your loved one could enroll very soon. Let us help meet your healing challenges using a properly planned, individually tailored Sertraline withdrawal schedule.