The Alternative to Meds Center devised a holistic program over more than a decade that has helped thousands of people to withdraw safely from prescription medications such as Fanapt.
Fanapt withdrawal symptoms are considered severe enough that professionals should be consulted for even a gradual tapering or withdrawal from the drug.
WARNING: Never attempt to stop taking an antipsychotic medication abruptly, such as Fanapt. Just as the doctor prescribed a gradual increase in dosage when first taking Fanapt, the drug should be weaned off in the same gradual way.
Fanapt Withdrawal: Notes for Some Atrisk Groups
Doctors are advised not to prescribe Fanapt (generic name iloperidone) to older patients, and those with dementia, for doing so puts the patient at high risk of death.
Doctors also should never prescribe this antipsychotic medication to a pregnant woman, as it can cause problems not only for the mother but the baby as well. Research has not been done to determine whether or not the drug passes to the fetus, but we do know that the baby may be born addicted to Fanapt, and medical assistance will be needed to stabilize the baby after birth.
Opiate users should not take Fanapt as the combined effects of both of these CNS (Central Nervous System) depressants could be fatal.
There are many risks associated with taking Fanapt, which explains why a person might want to come off the drug. Again, never abruptly stop taking Fanapt but seek trained medical assistance so you can taper safely. Alternative to Meds Center offers a program that will provide this service.
Fanapt Side Effects
It is no wonder that people may wish to stop taking a drug which produces such severe side effects as:
- Tardive Dyskinesia, irreversible uncontrollable muscle movements of the face, lip smacking, tongue rolling, jerking of arms, legs, etc.
- allergic reactions, such as skin sores, rash, swollen or constricted throat, pain on swallowing, swollen face, etc.
- tremors, uncontrolled shaking
- weight gain
- tachycardia (racing heart rate)
- penis erection that is painful and lasts for 4 hours or more
- sudden stiff or rigid muscles
- chest pain
- pounding chest
- difficulty breathing
- and much more.
Again, never abruptly stop taking Fanapt as to do so may be harmful to your health, or even produce a fatal outcome.
Fanapt Withdrawal Symptoms
Doctors advise against abruptly stopping an antipsychotic medication because doing so produces a brutal neurological backlash, recovery from which can take a very very long time. Doctors are advised not to prescribe Fanapt for very long because of the risks of Tardive Dyskinesia, which is a permanent disability. Many paths point to seeking safe medical assistance to taper from a potent antipsychotic agent such as Fanapt.
Here are some of the withdrawal symptoms:
- heightened anxiety
- deepened depression
- depersonalization, i.e., losing the sense of selfidentity, feeling detached from body or reality
- dizziness/confusion/balance impairment/fatigue
- cognitive dysfunction
- suicidal ideation
- mood swings/irritability/crying/anger/agitation
- flulike symptoms, fever, chills, profuse sweating, muscle aches
- restlessness/trouble sleeping/insomnia
- and much more.
Safe Withdrawal from Fanapt
The Alternative to Meds Center devised a holistic program over more than a decade that has helped thousands of people to withdraw safely from prescription medications such as Fanapt. The program utilizes some unique techniques that provide relief from both the original symptoms that may have precipitated the prescription as well as side effects from taking the drug, and also reduces the debilitating withdrawal symptoms that would otherwise accompany the process of tapering off of the drug.
WARNING: Do not attempt a cold turkey approach to withdrawal from Fanapt.
Instead, consider the Fanapt withdrawal program that Alternative to Meds Center delivers in a comfortable, luxury style inpatient setting. Some of the program components include:
- a pretaper set of lab tests to isolate toxic load in the body that may have been responsible for some of the mental health issues that prescribing Fanapt hoped to but did not resolve.
- a cleanse of accumulated neurotoxins that can disrupt the normal functioning of the neurology
- flooding the body with nutrientdense whole foods to accelerate the normalization of all systems in the body
- supplements that are effective in restoring sleep, calming the mood, boosting natural energy, and much more
- a post-cleanse, post-stabilization phase is followed by a safe, gentle taper, under medical supervision and 24/7 care by trained professionals
- counseling in a private setting, drug education classes, as well as peer support and group work
- relaxation techniques, yoga, meditation, mineral baths, swimming, outdoor hiking, art therapy, music therapy
- and much much more.
The Fanapt Withdrawal Program at Alternative to Meds Center
To find out more, call the friendly and informed admissions staff to find out how to enroll in the best inpatient holistic mental health program in the world. You or your loved one can seek the help you need for safely resolving the problems and challenges connected to Fanapt withdrawal.
Antipsychotic Withdrawal Success Video
Watch the video of how Ryan was trapped on antipsychotics and in and out of hospitals for 10 years and gets free ...
Call us today to find out how we can help you too.
The path to becoming medication free begins with your first step.
Our advisors are standing by 7 days a week: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
What will it take for you to beat your medication dependency?
Financing Available & Private Insurance Accepted
Our overall costs are half that of traditional programs yet we provide you with customized holistic inpatient residential treatment programs of personalized care from a licensed facility and recovery team that really cares about you and your health. We have limited space available so contact us today for a FREE Consultation to determine your costs and our next available admission dates.
There is an alternative to meds ... and we are it.